So I have been grumpy and nasty for some time and so has the world been with me. Strangely though I see this grumpyness seeping into my character and my personality acquiring more shades of grey than I would want it to have. So I have decided to break the cycle. I decide to sit out with some movies. And I look up, ‘Dasvidaniya’, the hindi movie starring Vinay Pathak, Rajat Kapoor which is so good and infact Vinay Pathak who plays the lead role is so adorable that I look some other movies for the pleasure of watching him act. The guy is brilliant. Gosh! I am like, how does he do that?! Why don’t we see enough movies from him?
I then end up watching ‘Bheja Fry’, which is hilarious. I know, these have been around for some time and perhaps I am a little too late but as they say better late than never. ‘Bheja Fry’ was thoroughly enjoyable that I was cracking all through. What a story! Some brilliant acting, great comic timing, much better than the Khans and Kapoors out there.
Well,some movies stay on in your heart and mind, like say ‘Juilie and Julia’, or ‘The Great Debators’, or ‘The Invictus’. So, will ‘Dasvidaniya’ stay with me for a long, long time.
I am not some one to make ‘to-do’ lists or obsess over completion of tasks. I am rather too relaxed for my own good, most of the time, at least!
I do however, have a list of things in my ‘basket list’- buckets could be too small for me!
So, here it goes!
- Who do I count the most on the planet? My parents and my daughter, hmm.. that said, my wish is to travel with them to some place some time soon. Have some good time, we all deserve it.
- What gives me happiness? Oh! absolutely, it is to write and to speak and to train or teach and I know I am pretty good at that, well more than okayish! I am going to spend more time writing, writing everyday, in the late night, preferably!( A book, maybe!) I am going to rejoin toastmasters to enjoy speaking again. I am going to spend more time training and teaching. Maybe Sunday classes for those interested!
- How do I want to live? Well, health is all important, so I am committing myself to good health, daily exercise, thoughtful food choices. And yes, reduce waste, in terms of using menstrual cups instead of sanitary pads, figuring ways out to minimize kitchen waste.
- How do I want to be? I want to be elegant, neatly dressed, feeling good about myself, learning something new always makes me feel on top of the world, so I am going to learn to write, read and speak Kannada, it’s high time I did.
- What else? Yes, some fun. Meet up with friends ever so often, watch movies, read books, go to theater, eat good food, bake/ cook nice stuff. And some solo trips to nowhere particular!Yes, I also want to cook 1, at least 1 Master Chef kind of food!
hmmm…looks so perfect! With smiles and hopes and a hugest hug of love, here’s to 2018, and the universe conspires!