The rescue mission of the ‘Wild Boar’ football team and their coach had unfailing media attention from across the world. Together the world pooled in resources, followed eagerly, came together, volunteered day and night and made the mission a success.
For the first time, it did seem like ‘vasudaiva kudumbakam’ ‘the world is one big family’ is a reality, not just a distant, impossible myth. The boys, their coach, seemed close to each one of us.
Cutting across various boundaries be it geographical, religious, political, regional, linguistic, people put their energies together for a great cause and the result is for the world to see.
Some truths just got reinforced
- Human lives matter everywhere.
- We just need to stand up for what we believe in and plunge into action.
- Nature needs to be respected and treated with care.
- Staying calm in danger helps.
- Maturity is not about age, it is a mindset.
- Technology is a boon, use it wisely.
- We should care for others, they will care for us too.
- The combination of western technical skills and the eastern meditation is a potent winner.
- Everyone can contribute to the success of a mission.
If this seemingly impossible rescue happened successfully, so can various other missions for the world at large, like alleviating poverty, basic amenities for all people, safety of children, better living for animals and putting an end to child marriage, abuse and …..
Receding ground water tables, recurring floods,disappearing forests, rising pollution, dumping of waste can all be combated if we as a people approach it with a mindset to find a solution and find it soon.
We can definitely forget minute differences for a greater goal.Surely the future generations will thank us for it. The world will be a better place for each one of us.
Let’s take up a cause bigger than our immediate life goals, the EMI and the family, the religion or the party we are bound to.
Let’s contribute to the larger good in whichever way we can. Together we can make a difference!
You must be logged in to post a comment.