Significance of being stupid
Word play, I do love words!!!
Ok, so I have a few secret games which makes me brighten up though it is true I might look an odd ball while at it!
But who cares??? I certainly don’t.
- While walking back home after work, I look for reasonably healthy looking pebbles, I don’t find them everyday, some times I even forget my own game, but when I find them, I toss them and take the pebble the half a kilo metre way back home, tossing it with my feet and if it reaches the gate to my apartment, I pick it up and place it under a tree on the pavement park. I believe that this successful tossing of a pebble to this secret place of mine will bring me some good news. Believe me, it has worked so far!!!!
- When I see a raised platform, I immediately get on to it and walk, if possible, I mean!)
- When walking in corridors, or anywhere if there are blocks I try to step into a block only once, this looks a bit eccentric to onlookers, coz I am like what, 49!!!! but I love doing it and usually I don’t care if someone sees me.
- I play scrabble
- Hide and seek with my cat, Andrew
- Hit and run to save from being hit with my daughter
- Add the numbers of license plates while travelling or driving
- Talk gibberish in suitable company
So, there came a time in my life, when I realized that my ever present smile had gone missing and looked strained at its best. I had lost the spontaneous giggles and sudden spurts of joy that were my best identification, I realized then that regaining that inner laughter was my priority, ever since, I have boldly, joyfully embraced these eccentricities to this day.
Well! before you laugh at me, did you know that there was a certain good looking mathematician by the name G. H. Hardy, whose first task upon entering a hotel room was to cover all the mirrors!!! I know this thanks to C P Snow’s interesting account, Variety of Men!